Last updated December 15, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Homefolks (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) we are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
Homefolks operates the wearehomefolks.com website (the “Site”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you sign up to our newsletter or use our Site and the choices you have associated with that data. We collect data to optimize the user experience and functionality of our website.
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
As with every website, our server automatically collects information that you voluntarily provide to us and temporarily saves it in server log files, which are transmitted by your browser – unless you have deactivated such function. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make and the products and features you use.
The personal information we collect can include the following:
• Contact Data — e.g. name, address, company, mail, phone number, payment method, info on the products you have bought, returned and other similar contact data if you give us permission to do so.
• Usage Data — we may also collect information on how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
• Location Data — we may use and store information about your location. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Site at any time, through your device settings.
When you provide us with personal data by email, in our online shop or via the newsletter sign up form available on our Site, this is voluntary.
This data is used to:
• Fulfill our contractual relationship
• Process your inquiries and orders
• Provide you with customer service function
• Maintain and update your Account with us
• Contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you
• For our own market or opinion research
Your data will be used for our own advertising by email only if you have given us consent to do so.
We delete the data that arises in this context after its storage is no longer required, or we limit processing if there are statutory retention requirements.
The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR or Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party without your express consent unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.
In order to ensure that we offer the best service and can carry out the functions more particularly described within the How We Use Information section above, it may be necessary for us to share the information we collect (which may include your personal data) with carefully selected and trusted business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the fulfilment of any contract we enter into with them and with you.
When we use third party providers, we use only the information necessary to deliver the service and we are required to have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure.
For example, we may share:
• Your name, delivery address, email and phone number with our partner courier companies in case they need to contact you in relation to a delivery
• Your identity, billing address and payment card information with our payment processors so that payment for an order can be collected
• Your identity and payment card information with our payment processors to conduct PCI 3DS security checks, so that they can check your card is not being used without consent
• Technical and other service providers who help us provide and deliver our Site experience
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site
• Business partners and service providers who assist us in carrying out customer relationship management services (such as monitoring and responding to customer orders and queries) and analysing the results of customer surveys and requests for feedback
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others members of our corporate group (which means our limited company and its subsidiaries).
Those of our partners who need to access personal information to perform their business services may not use the data for other purposes.
Where we share financial details, these will always be entered on a secured page and transferred using SSL, a cryptographic protocol designed to provide communication security over the Internet.
As part of our handling of the payment method you selected in our online shop, your data will be transmitted to third parties as follows:
• To process payments made by credit card, EPS (Electronic Payment Standard) we will transmit your data to our partner: Stripe, 510 Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
• If you choose the “Apple Pay” payment method provided by Apple Distribution International (Apple), Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Ireland; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210665
Your payment details will be passed to Apple in encrypted form for payment processing.
On the basis of your consent, we work together with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and AdWords for the purpose of personalised advertising in social networks.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our webite. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Site available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Disclosure for Law Enforcement — under certain circumstances, Homefolks may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal Requirements — Homefolks may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
• to comply with a legal obligation
• to protect and defend the rights or property of Homefolks
• to prevent or investigate possible wrong doing in connection with the Site
• to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
• to protect against legal liability
You may receive information about the data we have stored about you and about its origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom this data is passed on and the purpose of storage – free of charge, at any time without giving reasons.
In addition, you have the right to correct, block and delete your personal data in accordance with the statutory provisions. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
If you have given your consent to the use of data, you can revoke this at any time and without giving reasons.
If your data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit f) GDPR, you have the right to object in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
You also have the right to data portability.
You furthermore have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Our Site may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
Please note we have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Please be advised our conditions are governed by and interpreted following the laws of the United Kingdom.
If you access the Site from any other region of the world with laws or other requirements governing personal data collection, use, or disclosure that differ from applicable laws in the United Kingdom, then through your continued use of the Site, you are transferring your data to the United Kingdom, and you expressly consent to have your data transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom.